Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Grand Adventure

Another fine day. I'm doing very well off the drugs. I'm feeling great,
and enjoying things quite a bit. The brain shocks stopped, and
except for a couple of moments today, when I suddenly felt a little
"unreal" there are no other side effects. I'm not sleeping quite as
well, and my dreams are disappointingly boring. On the drugs, I had
8 months of bizarre and vastly entertaining dreams! I'll miss those.

I wonder if my brain was trying to compensate for being suppressed?
It worked out all that creativity and emotional nature in my dream
life. I guess it will not be denied.

The weight has started sliding off, as I suspected it would. Still,
it may take a couple of months just to get back to where I was.
I'm not happy about that, but it at least is possible, now.

Am I angry about what I've been through? Not really, except that I
could have put that year to better use. As my friend David says,
"I'm on a grand adventure". I suppose that is the only way to look
at it, and just chalk up all experiences - good and bad - to being
part of the adventure. Real adventures are often rather unpleasant,
frightening and uncomfortable when you are going through it.
But, oh! The fine stories you can tell, afterwards.

No comments: