Friday, April 14, 2006

Side Effects, ahoy!

"Life is so hard, how can we be anything but kind?"
from The Chemistry of Joy.

I made the transition so easily from 20mg of Lexapro to 15 to 10,
that I got cocky, and dropped it to 5mg after 2 days. Perhaps not
the best decision. The withdrawal side effects kicked in. A lot of
dizziness, head feels weird, a little anxiety.

So, of course, it was "to the web" to get the real scoop. I get
much from www.crazymeds.org - one of my favorite sites. It's a lot of
people describing what the drugs "really" do. It seems that getting
off these drugs can be pretty nasty. It seems Effexor is the clear
winner in "the most horrible drug to get off of", so I'm really
glad I chose the Wellbutrin, Effexor was the other choice.

I'm tempted to ride out the side effects. It will take a week
after I stop taking it for it to completely clear out of my system.
I would really like to lose some of this weight back before my trip.
I don't think road food is going to be really conducive to weight loss!

Otherwise, another good day at work, and pleasant warm weather.
This has been the best beginning of April ever. 60's, 70's and 80's
every day! That is more like middle to late May weather for us.
There are a ton of flowers coming up in the front yard. Very nice.

3 comments:

Big Phil said...

I'll have to check out this web site.

David Cummer said...

Just checked out crazymeds. Thanks. IT CHANGED MY LIFE!!!! Into a steam shovel!!

Manly Geek said...

I was on Effexor for about 2 1/2 years but it was a pretty low dose. I was able to drop it completely within about 1 week with verly minimal side effects. Sounds like once again, I'm the exception to every rule :-)