Saturday, April 08, 2006

Stronger?

I've been trying to get stronger today. Lately, everything hurts so
much that I don't want to exercise. I'm trying to break it up during
the day, and just do a little at a time, and add some stretching.
I did arm strengthening earlier in the day, and took a walk tonight.
It wasn't as painful or hard. I think the old meds are doing something
to my muscles too, like letting the lactic acid build up too much.
I'm quite anxious to get off of it.

The weight is still a wash. I did eat my shrimp last night (not even
the fried kind) and I gained a pound. I thought if you gave your
body what it wants, it can make you lose weight. Grrrr.

Mood was o.k. today, not as happy, but mildly productive. Got caught
up on a lot of things, paying bills, washing and shaving the dog
for summer (that's a several hour fight with the dog), budgeting
out the money for the next 2 weeks, writing some email (I'm still
behind a few), and reading a friend's entire blog that I had wanted
to get to. I guess none of that was really exciting - kind of low
key, so not feeling overjoyed is probably about right.

Still thinking about the future a lot, and what I want out of it.
A friend and I have been writing back and forth about how what we
think we want is to "help people". I've always tried to do that,
but I'm wondering if there is more I could be doing? Where do I
apply my talents to do this?

3 comments:

Big Phil said...

If I didn't have the dogs I would totally join the peace corps.
I've thought abot getting involved with Habitat for Humanity or a similar cause.

As for working out, I really don't care what I look like anymore. I was in pretty good shape a few years ago, but now it doesn't matter.

Susan Grandys said...

I want to help people closer to home, and I'm still trying to figure out how to do that. Though the Peace Corps proabably would be a good thing for you.
Sounds like you need a major change.
Every consider just going camping with the dogs, to get away for awhile?

It does sound like I'm obsessed with diet and exercise - but it is for a reason. I am diabetic and one of my goals was to get entirely off the pills.
That would take losing the rest of my fat. When my weight went up, I had to increase the diabetic pills which was unacceptable to me.

Big Phil said...

My brother is a diabetic, as was my mother.

I remind myself of my father. It seemed as though he was never happy.
I'm not much of an outdoor person, so camping really doesn't appeal to me. Getting away for a few days does sound appealing, though.