Monday, May 22, 2006

Trying to be back

Day after vacation. Never an easy adjustment. I'm still very short on
sleep, and feel slightly dreamlike. I just experienced 3500 miles of
incredible new sights, and it is hard to settle back to the routine.

I got 8 hours of sleep last night, for the first time in 2 weeks.
Then it was off to work, 300 emails to plow through, and trying to
remember what the heck I was doing before I left. I wrote test plans
which was about my speed today.

Then at home, I waded through 2 weeks of regular mail, and tried to
figure out what bills I forgot to pay. I tried to work out, but 9 days
in a car has left my muscles useless. I'm going to have to build back
up slowly. Everything hurts, so I dug out some vitamins for my joints
hoping they will stop aching.

So I'm back. But it's going to take a few days to get back to the
things I should be doing. I have to get going on the interviews again
for the show, but not until I've had a lot more sleep....

No comments: