Monday, June 05, 2006

Kindness is so bloody simple

Thinking about how easy it is to be kind, and what a huge influence
it can have on a person's day. If you are going to bother to talk,
why is it so much harder to say something really kind to someone,
rather than something mean? Don't people realize what a difference
it can make?

Today - I saw both. I payed attention to how I felt in each case.
At work, there is someone that no matter how hard I try to do good
work for him, everything he says is critical of me, tears me down,
and makes me feel like he doesn't want me around. It is "supposedly"
joking, but it is never, ever nice. How do I feel? Pretty sad and
rotten after awhile. He can take my happy, good mood, and in
a short time - turn me into a bundle of anxiety.

My web friend Phil, made two very nice comments about my photo
ad, and when I read his comments, I smile, feel good, and sexy!

Neither the kind comments nor the critical ones take any more effort
than the other, and yet - they can change a human being's day.
Is it that hard to say - Wow! You look good! I love your shirt!
Good work! I'm glad you are here! Thanks for helping me?

I try to say those things as much as I can. Life is so short, and
the cost of kindness is so small. I sometimes I think I take people
a bit aback in my heartfelt, loving comments - but too many people
have died or gone before I could ever say those things to them.
Even if someone takes it badly, at least I know I tried.

I know how good I feel when I am on the receiving end of kind and
loving comments. Trust me on this one. Be kind.

1 comment:

Big Phil said...

I've had to suffer this type of negativity/humiliation. Depending on my mood I become either defensive, depressed, violently angry, or a combination of each.

Try to not let what this person says about you affect your self-confidence.

Oh, and you do look very sexy in the picture. You look a little like Chloƫ Sevigny.