Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Successful Woman?

Why am I so good at everything in life, except life?

Job - no problem, I almost always know what to do. I have
tremendous drive and ambition to get the job done. I've done
very well in my work career.

House - no problem, I can always figure out how to fix something,
or call the person who can. I improve every house I've lived in,
made it into something much better than when I first got it.

Someone else's problems - I can think of dozens of things for
them to do or try. The ideas just pour out on what they
"should" do. How they can make their life better.
I have endless patience to help others for as long as they
need me. No request is too much.

My own body - forget it. I usually have some idea of what to do,
and don't do it very often. It's like I don't even know what
drive, ambition and will power are!

My emotional life. I'm just not very good at it.
And I don't ever seem to get any better at it.
I try with all my might to be open, honest, loving, honorable
and full of integrity. But being those things don't make a
lick of difference to a happy, fulfilled life, apparently.
Why don't these things matter to anyone?

So I am a resounding success at everything except the things
I need most.

1 comment:

David Cummer said...

If you were to ask me, I think most people are more successful in their work, and much less in their lives.

Welcome to the madhouse!!