Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer

Happy Solstice. How cool, it didn't get dark until after 10 pm,
and the weather is gorgeous: upper 70's and sunny most of the day.

I didn't do anything too solsticy though. Checked out the new
Trader Joes. There was a Trader Joes by me when I lived in
California, so it is nice to have one in town. Unfortunately it
is insanely popular, so you can't get near it on a weekend - so
I took the opportunity on my day off. They are apparently going
to open 2 or 3 more stores in Minneapolis. How can they lose?
It combines the 2 favorite activities of Minneopolitans -
shopping and great food!

Otherwise a lay back day: went out for lunch, played with the dogs
in the sunshine, played some games, and did some computer things -
got new Karaoke software so I can practice singing at home.
It didn't seem to work so we went over to our D.J. friend's
house, played with his new kittens and learned how to use the
program.

Last night was lots of fun, I sang 2 songs not so well, and
knocked 2 of them out of the park. As I suspected I didn't get
home and to bed until about 3 am.

Back to real life tomorrow. I assume work managed to survive
without me. Though I wonder if that is a good thing - I can't
have them getting used to that!

No comments: