Saturday, June 03, 2006

Visions of Harry Potter Dance In My Head

Well my clever plan to lose weight didn't quite work out - I gained
1 and 1/2 lbs - probably in pure muscle mass. Has to be - they are all
yelling at me. I guess they wake up when you punish them enough.
Mean little suckers they are.

Did some shopping and enjoyed the very warm but beautiful
summers day. I love driving down the streets with the canopies
of full leafy green trees making tunnels throughout the city.
How do cities without such a huge number of trees, do summer?

Finally tonight, I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Yes, I am that far behind on my movies. I loved the movie, even
though they left out half of the book. They still managed to
keep the meaning of the story there. There was no way to cram
that book into one movie. I can't imagine how they are going
to make book 5 into a movie. Mostly it is about anguish,
frustration, and waiting.....

I had a heck of a time finishing that book. I was reading it
while my life was going very wrong and filled with frustration,
friendships going wrong, questioning who I was, and waiting....
Not good escapist literature, when it reflects your real life.

No comments: