Monday, July 03, 2006

Hit the Pause Button...

O.k. now that was too much activity. I feel like total crap today,
and I am really underslept. I had a marvelous time out last night -
a huge bunch of us sat out on the patio at the bar and talked the
night away in the warm summer air. Lovely! Kenji is only here
until Wednesday, and I'm going to miss the heck out of him.
Hard to believe I only met him about a week ago.

However I didn't get home unit about 2:30 am. and did not get
enough sleep. So going non-stop since Wednesday all hit me today
and I have no energy whatsoever. I was going to edit yesterday's
interview, but it just isn't going to happen. Hopefully tomorrow.

The troupe talked today about filming, and it looks like we all
need to try some solo stuff for awhile to grow as filmmakers.
Cayenne has been doing everything (directing, editing, music)
and David and I were just acting and writing. We will still use
each other in our projects - but it is time for some new things.
Hopefully this doesn't totally kill "Channel Surfing Wipeout".
We will use that space to do our individual projects for awhile.
Hopefully this will breathe new life into it.

It was a hard choice to make, because the video show is actually
more popular than either mine or Cayenne's podcasts. But it just
was becoming a chore, rather than the fun it needed to be.
We need to become re-enthused about doing video.

I'm also starting to take seriously the idea of actually going
to Tokyo this spring. I've said I wanted to for years, I need to
see if this can be made into a reality. Time to start fulfilling
some of those dreams. I have friends in Tokyo now, and if they
are still there in April, this may finally happen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got to Toyko!! Make it happen!!!!
Take this advice from someone who has one of your paintings in his office. ;) This is truly important.

Susan Grandys said...

Thanks T*!
I think you are right. Life is pretty darned short (and getting frightenly shorter). I have to start making things happen - rather than just dreaming!

I am considering getting "dreamer" tattooed on me for my 50th B-day.
I am quite the dreamer - and not so much the do-er.

Big Phil said...

I seem to be in a creative funk myself. I'm trying to decide whether to revamp my podcast or just end the damn thing.
I still have a devoted group of fans, but in the last 4-5 months my numbers have decreased by 60%.
I'm starting to wonder if its worth the time and effort I put into it.