Thursday, August 17, 2006

Famine, SARS, and some work too

I didn't actually solve any of yesterday's problems at work, but it all
is on the path to being solved. Or at least worked on. It felt like
progress, or something resembling it. Getting a full night of sleep
probably had something to do with the better attitude.

Still just riding out the very limited food diet until I can get to the
doctor on Monday for new diabetic meds. The strange thing is even
eating only about 1400 calories a day, I am still not losing weight.
I don't even know how that is possible. Maybe I'm just living off the
high glucose in my system. Great I've become a self sustaining
system that doesn't even need food to maintain my weight. Bring
on the next famine! I'm totally prepared for it!

Throw in the Bird Flu and SARS while you're at it! You know the
SARS scare was only a couple of years ago and I already forgot what
it was. I had to look it up on Wikipedia. We are so used to "scare of
the week" that we don't even bother to put them into our long term
memories anymore. Probably better that way. We are all neurotic
enough.

No comments: