Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Nightime Prayer

I want.
I want life to be challenging but easier.
I want people to be friendly, kind and understanding.
I want ignorance and stupidity to end.

I want aging not to matter.
I want to feel healthy and strong when I wake up in the morning.
I want enough time to do everything I want to do.
I want the money to do it with.

I want the earth to be a nice place to live.
I want fear and violence to go away.
I want love and friends.
I want happiness.

But what I have is want.

2 comments:

Big Phil said...

I wish we had a 28 hour day. If I were King I would do this.
The additional 4 hours could be used to read a good book, watch a movie, see a play, go to the symphony, etc.
I would make this mandatory!

Susan Grandys said...

Heh-heh! You got my vote for King.
Yeah, I know you don't vote for a king, but maybe it is time we started :)