Thursday, August 03, 2006

Nothing to write home about

I forced the ol' knees into their first walk in 2 1/2 weeks, last night.
I did it, but now they are so sore, I don't want to think about exercise.

I am totally frustrated with the diet. I am trying the weightlifting
"carb-cycling" technique, but the weight is stuck. I'm still eating
too many fat calories. I think it would work if I cut that back even
more. It is also very tricky for a diabetic, though it can be done.
It would also come off if I could kick up the exercise, but the knees
have really messed that up. Well, I'm "maintaining" like a champ -
but I'm getting really impatient for something to get moving....

Still trying to catch up on the podcast Japanespod101 to brush up for
the Japan trip. Unfortunately they post every day - so we are only up
to episode #50 out of 225.

We are planning to have another barbeque on August 26th - a
Polynesian theme, complete with a friend to bartend his portable
Tiki Bar. Hey, he offered, and it was too good to pass up! We are
way behind on the famous barbeques this year. This will only be #2,
we usually have four. But the two we are having this year are way
more extravagant than previous ones, so maybe that makes up for it.

I wish I had something new and exciting to report. My life has
become so settled and routine. Work, exercise, play some video
games, study, do an interview, edit a show. Very comfortable,
and nothing to write about.

No comments: