Friday, September 15, 2006

How to Lead a Joyless Existence?

I know a person who virtually never shows any happiness or joy.
I wonder if he really doesn't have any? If it is true, how do you get
up in the morning? Why do you get up at all?

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to live like that, year
after year. Just dead grayness at best, far darker things at worst.
Was he always like that? How does internally rationalize life?
Does he think it will get better somehow (even though he is
older), or did he give up all hope a long time ago? It makes me
so sad, I wish I could fix it, but I know that is not to be.

I'm rather prone to my own mood swings, but it does include a
lot of silliness, a real enjoyment of other people, and a rather
humorous viewpoint about nearly everything. The dark times
are bad and there is a lot of sadness in my life, but I still find
beauty in the strangest things.

Like beachballs, pink hair, and ducks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to invite this person to do your uncomfortable questions podcast - I think you might be surprised with the results

Susan Grandys said...

Naw. I thought about it, but this person isn't a talker. I'd never get anything out of them. The show only works if you can get the person talking, and this is one of the very few that I can't. :)