Friday, September 29, 2006

What to do?

Last night was "maintenance" night. I had put so many things off,
I marched home, payed bills, did finances, balanced the checkbook,
burned off several disks from downloads, etc. etc. Efficiently ticked
off everything, exercised, went to bed. I forgot to blog entirely!
Not that I have anything interesting to say - it's just become a
habit I try to keep up.

Nothing interesting today,either. Work, come home, do stuff.
Had a conversation about how most of life is just people trying to
find something to do. I swear people get married and have kids
just so they have something to do. Then after several years, they
get bored and rebel against it, and want something else to do.
Same with jobs, hobbies, causes, politics, you name it.
We all just need something to do. Seems kind of silly.

"Heck of a way to run a railroad".... (an old saying that I don't
even know where it comes from).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess the alternatives are "not looking for something to do" or waiting for "something to do" to come looking for us. I guess the key in life is knowing what the something is.

Sometimes people just gravitate toward any "something" rationalizing that it is better than nothing.

You've ask the question of what greatness is and would "I" want it. I think greatness is knowing what the something is, attempting the pursuit and being happy with the outcome.

T****