Friday, October 06, 2006

Skewed View of Friendship?

Friendship is such a massive theme that has run through my life
for the last 3 years. What is a friend? What does it mean to be a
friend? I think about it a lot. I don't know why this has taken on
such a massive importance to me at this point in my life.

In the series I'm hooked on now and can't stop watching - the
major theme is what you will do for your friends. In the show it
is idealized, there is nothing they wont do for each other.

In real life? It isn't like that. I want friends like that, but it is
only a fantasy. Like love, it is another thing in life that just
doesn't live up to what it should be. And yet, I don't see why
not. It could be like that, maybe it should be like that. But I
guess if other people don't see it that way, or don't want it
the same way, it doesn't happen.

I can't be alone on this planet in how I see things, but I never
seem to find those others. I can't be the only one.....
I can't be.

2 comments:

Big Phil said...

I think sometimes friends get caught up in thier own lives. They don't mean to let you down, but it happens.

Susan Grandys said...

I know they do get caught up in their
own lives, and so do I. But I think I am questioning that heavily now.

Many of the trivial things we do in our own lives, may not be that important!
Just more of me questioning the way things are, I guess. Manyly Geek nailed it in an email to me. He said my purpose in life may be to be a "question mark".