Friday, November 10, 2006

Long days and lame excuses

I sort of forgot to post yesterday. I came home from a really long day
at work and started playing the Final Fantasy XII video game right
away. And just kept going. It was just the sort of release I needed
after work! But then it was long past my bed time.

I didn't exercise, I didn't read mail, I didn't blog. It was probably
good for me :)

Today was just as tough. I think it is going to stay that way for
the next 3 months. Hmmm. Just like the old days at the last
job. Except they really are nicer to me and more appreciative.
And the developers are great and really care (and work
hard to fix whatever messes I can find for them).

The hard work is definitely interfering with my motivation to
do my show. I'm toying with the idea of doing the next 4 interviews
with the people that people have contacted me already, and then
we'll see what kind of shape I'm in. I may end it at show 50.
Or maybe I'll recover and go on. Or maybe I'll do a different
sort of show. Always an adventure. I never know what I'm
going to do!

2 comments:

Big Phil said...

I've wrestled with the same feelings concerning my show.
When it gets to the point that you just do not feel like doing it, or its a chore then its definately time to regroup.
I have a new sometime co-host. I think this will provide a fresh perspective.
Maybe a subtle change to your show would infuse a little spark and provide some motivation.

Susan Grandys said...

The problem is that I've pondered and pondered on how to change the show, and nothing has grabbed me yet. I guess I had one good idea, and that was it!