Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The red wine secret!

I did find the answer for why the red wine was helping with my pain.
The same stuff in it that is good for your heart, is also what led them
to the Cox-2 inhibitor studies - which was a popular drug for
arthritis pain. (the drug though, has mostly been pulled from the
market - had a lot of bad side effects).

So I continued with the glass of wine at night and added in a good
herbal supplement that had grape seed extract, grape skin extract
and red wine extract.

It worked really well! The pain subsided about 75% and I am able to
get around and exercise again. What a relief. It was getting pretty
bad. I don't really match arthritis, so I don't know what is the
problem, but it is some kind of inflammatory condition. Hopefully
I'll be able to keep it at bay this way! So far, it is doing the job.

That's been my life - one continuous health adventure! Oh well,
It has made me pretty savvy about nutrition and alternative
medicines. I don't know how much of a benefit that is, it really
is just about survival and what one has to do to have a decent
quality of life. There had better be a test on this, after I die -
I've spent so much of my life learning how to feel better!

No comments: