Saturday, December 23, 2006

Holy **!!%$, did that ever hurt!

So just because you can document something, doesn't mean you
should! But I am a chronic documentarian so here goes, gross
pictures and all... Things you don't want to know about having your
neck skin pulled up after big weight loss.......

I will never do that kind of operation without at least 'twilight
anethesia'. I just had local which meant lots of novicane type stuff
injected all over my neck and head. That was more pain than I
wanted for about 1/2 hour. The woman before me didn't make it,
and demanded General anethesia. It didn't occur to me that I could.

The operation took over 3 1/2 hours, and was really boring. Not a
lot of pain, but not anything resembling fun. When the novicane
wore off I was in very intense pain for the next 17 hours. I was
taking 1 Vicaden an hour, and it still wouldn't stop the pain. It
made me very, very nauseous. I could only eat oatmeal and liquids
and couldn't keep them down. I didn't sleep at all. It was an agonizing
night, that wouldn't have been too bad for someone who can tolerate
narcotic pain medicine. But I was seriously questioning myself for
putting myself through this much pain.

Went to the doc this morning to have drains removed, and he gave
me anti-nausea medicine. Which I threw up in the car - (I was
prepared with barf-bag), but it didn't make me think much of anti-
nausea meds! However when he removed the pressure bandages,
I could deal with the pain. Today I've just been using ibuprophen
and ice packs. I slept almost the whole day, and can keep liquids down.

At the moment, I'm not sure I should have done this. It bothered me
so much having my sagging skin on my neck, that it seemed that if
there was a problem, it should be corrected! (I'm kind of like that.).
I'll probably change my mind when I heal up, but right now, it was
pretty horrible. AND I still have my stupid cold. You try blowing your
nose with staples and stitches behind your ears!

No comments: