Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ready, set.....

I thought I was going to fight the cold off - it just never settled in.
Until last night. Sore throat and runny nose and much body aches
today. This is going to suck. I don't think it is bad enough to stop
the surgery. It is still a mild cold, as colds go. And maybe the pain
killers for that will make me forget the body aches. I'll have
plenty else to ache. Might as well get it all over with at once!

Checked in with the pre-op nurse at the surgery center today. The
doctor gave me some anti-anxiety sleeping pills that I started taking
last night. I did indeed sleep and they didn't make me groggy, but
I felt so "vague" when I woke up. Like I just couldn't tune in all day.
Weird. But I guess I wasn't anxious....

I started the pills for bruising today, as they want lots of that
in your system before they start. Then it is the anti-swelling meds,
the pain killers and the antibiotics. A medicinal wonderland of drugs.
So I guess I'm as ready as I can be. Hope the cold dies down
tomorrow, and I get all my work done. (Of course there is no way
to get all my work done, it is like cleaning - it is never done!)

Boy, there just is nothing interesting to say about being sick and
having surgery. Except for those first panic stricken moments
before they start, it will be a very boring 3 1/2 hours. What do
you do for that long while they are operating? No one ever has
surgery stories where they were captured by gorillas, or the
doctors had to fight off pirates while operating.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might have to fight off a swarm of rabid ravens.