Monday, December 25, 2006

She Lives!

I think my cold, pain level, swelling and bruising all peaked
at about the same time last night. It was a tough night - and
I finally managed to keep down a Vicaden pain pill this
morning at got some sleep. Mostly the staples are hurting.
I felt around in my hair, and there are something like 20
staples in there! I feel like a large office document...

I'm feeling a bit better today. I can sit up for a couple
hours at a time, and managed to eat more. Chewing is still
a challenge, so I'm still on soft stuff to eat. What a
diet plan! I lost 5 lbs in 5 days. I really don't recommend
getting a cold and surgery at the same time as a diet plan...

I sat out in the sun for 5 minutes today. It felt really
good. I've been living in a cave too long! Well the lab at
work is sort of like a cave... I don't get outside much.

I ran out of my gypsy cold care tea on Christmas, but I
found that ginger tea with honey, lemon, and cayenne pepper
is a really good substitute! For Christmas dinner today,
I had macaroni with cheese and tuna. I put parsley in it
to make it look festive!

No comments: