Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tired, hungry, and bored - I must be getting better!

I can't tell if day 5 is better or not! I still have my cold,
though it might be a little less severe. The bruising is
really cranking up. Both sides of my face are yellow bruises,
as is most of my neck. I'm really tired most of the time.

I did manage to get out of the house and go to the store
for a bit to do a little late Christmas shopping. No one
even looked at me weird. I look like a beating victim -
Minnesotans are just too polite! I wanted to frighten a
few people. I was really weak the couple of hours I was
out and had to sleep when I got home.

Sleeping is still not good. I sleep about 2-3 hours at a
time at which point the pressure on the staples and stitches
hurts too much and I have to get up and apply ice packs to
everything and take more ibuprophen. I see the doctor
tomorrow, I don't know if any staples will come out at
that point. They weren't kidding about this recovery may
take about 2 weeks. I think it would be faster if I wasn't
fighting the cold at the same time. Ho-hum. Not much else.

No comments: