Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Just Stuff

Today was another struggle. Felt awful when I got up, not getting
good sleep. Did a short day at work. But I started feeling better this
evening and I'm hoping it lasts. All that good food and vitamins has
to do something.

I've been listening to the Japanesepod101 podcast "Survival Phrases"
lessons every day on the drive to and from work, in preparation for
the Japan trip. I'm realizing just how much I don't know! I've been
through 25 of the lessons, and when they talk at normal speed, I'm
lost - even with the simple stuff.

I think I can ask for a bathroom, and order some food. That's about
it. But what else matters? I'm used to being perpetually lost (I have
no sense of direction, whatsoever) so that shouldn't be a problem.
I'll just be lost in Japan. It will feel like home.

No comments: