Monday, January 15, 2007

Cold Mondays

Monday, snow, slooooow traffic, really cold, tired.
Not much to recommend it for a day, eh?

After a few better days, today felt like backsliding. I'm
sleeping ok, but still pretty weak, with little energy. I
need to do more strengthening, but having a bit of a problem
with the 'ol asthma, and my heartbeat seems kind of irregular.
Sitting on the couch sounds good....

The weirdest thing about eating all that good and healthy
Japanese food last night, was that right after it, my scars
all started itching like crazy. They still do. I think it
kicked off some major healing. Why is healing so darned
uncomfortable? Healing should make you feel really good.

I forgot to mention on Jan. 11th. Another of my heroes died.
Robert Anton Wilson. What a guy! I've read a lot of his books.
He wrote some crazy, fun, and deep stuff. He was probably the
person I would have liked to meet most. I can't exactly call
him a philosopher, but perhaps a questioner?
I suppose I would relate to that, as Manly Geek once told me
that my purpose in life was to be a Question Mark.

I suppose it is, but Mr. Wilson did it much better than I, and
was a lot more entertaining in his writings. I will miss him.

His last entry on his blogspot journal, 5 days before he died
touched me, and sort of summed him up. I include it below.
I'm not sure I could comment on life and death better:

"Do Not Go Gently Into That Good Night"

"Various medical authorities swarm in and out of here predicting
I have between two days and two months to live. I think they are
guessing. I remain cheerful and unimpressed. I look forward
without dogmatic optimism but without dread. I love you all
and I deeply implore you to keep the lasagna flying.

Please pardon my levity, I don't see how to take death seriously.
It seems absurd.

RAW"

So it is just like me to getting around to mourning him 4 days
after the fact. Can't rush into these things...

No comments: