Sunday, March 25, 2007

Teetering on the edge

I'm just sort of stunned at the moment. I have to be up to leave
for Japan in 9 hours. Everything that can be done, has been done.
I tried to stay busy cleaning all day. If I stopped to think I
got over excited. I didn't sleep all that well last night from
excitement. I haven't a clue how I'll sleep tonight.

I kept declaring packing was done, and then someone would show
up with "something small" (NOT!) that they wanted us to take to
our host in Japan. (We are all friends with this guy and his wife).
And somehow we would have to make it fit. We are taking more and
heavier luggage than I wanted to take, but we should have lots of
room for bringing home goodies when we unload all the gifts...

I feel like I'm on the precipice, ready to leap into the unknown.
Our host says "It's like being in Manhattan, only you cant read".
I do speak a little Japanese, studied it for 2 years. But not
reading will be kind of humbling.

I'm still amazed people do this everyday, and it is no big deal.
To me it is huge, and I've been to Australia and England a couple
of times. For Cayenne it is "the most exciting thing he's ever
done". (He has never left the country).

I don't know if I'll be able to post while I'm gone, I'll try, if
I get access to a computer. I'm sure they have them in Tokyo :)
And when I get back, oh will there will be pictures.
Cherry blossoms, here I come!

1 comment:

Big Phil said...

Wow! You've been planning this for a long time!
Have fun....