Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Where the heck am I?

I don't know what day it is, what time it is, or where I is :)

We flew to Chicago, sat around for 3 hours, then off to Japan.
The 13 hour flight was more boring than anything. I had only
gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before, so I dozed a lot on
the flight, and read a guide book, and ate a lot. Then somehow
we were here. There were no lines for immigration or
customs, so we just flew through.

Our wonderful friend was waiting for us right on the other side.
I'm so glad. I thought we would be able to negotiate the trains,
but as tired as we were, I'm not sure we would have figured them
out. It was about an hour on the train into Tokyo, and then we
had to transfer to a bus for 20 minutes to get
to his and his wife's place.

We went out to dinner at a great place where you grill your meat
on hot coals at your table. We walked around the neighborhood
and chatted with our friends and watched a little Japanese TV. That
was all I had in me at that point, and we crashed hard and slept until
about 9:30 this morning. Breakfast was from the local convinience
store, where the food is pretty good.

I don't have a feel for the place yet. Just lots and lots of amazing
things to look at - it sort of overwhelms the eyes and the senses.
And not being able to read, does make everything much harder.
Can't wait to get out there and see things today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

House, dogs, and me still here. So is my wallet...somewhere.

David

Anonymous said...

House still here, wallet found, unfortunately dogs have found garbage can in kitchen.

Twice.