Friday, June 22, 2007

Humans. Bah!

"Time doesn't heal. It teaches you to live with the pain."

I ran across the quote in a Japanese comic book. Who says comics
aren't educational?

Thinking a lot about existence. I'm becoming increasingly
annoyed with the boring, mundane things we have to do every day.
I all seems like a royal waste of a life.

I think life could be so much more than it is, but between
work, feeding ourselves, running errands, cleaning the house -
all the little daily routines - there is nothing left.
We are tired, distracted, and have no time for each other
or ourselves.

I can imagine lives filled with discovery and study, searching
for meaning and fulfillment. But I spend my days trying to
remember to buy toothpaste, or doing something meaningless at
work.

I don't see a real way to break out of it. The whole of
society is set up to keep us on this treadmill. Even I like
the "shiny things" so much, I keep running after them too.

I find I can't think of anything to say to my fellow humans
anymore. I tried hard for the last five years to break out, to
connect to others, but ultimately, no one wants to go deeper
or take the chance to explore life deeper. I've stopped making
time for others, and wandered into my own little world of
trivial existence.

I think the human race has missed the boat. We could be so
much better, but somehow we collectively decided to stay
like this.

We missed out on something wonderful, I think. But sadly, I
am part of this decision too. I hope it is worth it.

No comments: