Saturday, June 16, 2007

I dreamed it was summer...

Lazy Summer days. They amble on, warm and sleepy, like living
in a dream. Do we wake up? Does it matter?

I took a bit of my work bonus and am setting up an entertainment
system on my T.V. driven by a Mac Mini. It just made more sense
than the Apple TV, for what I wanted to do. I have a remote
keyboard, and can control the whole thing from the couch.
Now instead of streaming content from my computer, I have a
dedicated station to download, archive, watch, play music,
look at web videos, etc. It works great for 3 geeks in a
household.

I also got an M-Audio 49 keystation to use for composing
music in GarageBand. It makes things a lot easier! I like
putting loops together to make a song, but it always fell
flat. I always felt it needed a real melody over the top.
I play piano, and now I can just play the keyboards into
my song, with any synthesizer sound. Now I really should
get around to writing more music.....

But first, I suppose I have to edit that next show. Maybe
it will motivate me, to write new theme music for it. I've
been using the same darned one for almost 2 years now.

No comments: