Friday, August 03, 2007

Adaptation

I was tireder than I thought yesterday. I think the bridge collapse
took a greater toll than expected. Staying up late, watching the
news about it, hoping no one I knew was on it, answering the calls
and the mail. You don't think it affects you, but it does in
small ways.

The city moves on. Most discussion is now how to get "from here
to there" with the major artery missing. Everyone knows a back
way, another bridge. We adapt. We make new routines. Humans are
amazing sometimes. If we weren't, I suppose we would all fall
apart in a tough world. I suppose that is a good thing.

My thoughts now turn to the weekend and the everyday things.
My new tin ceiling panels came, and I have to work on cutting
and installing the edges. I have an interview for the show on
Sunday. Life continues.

No comments: