Thursday, August 16, 2007

Are there finals at the end of life?

If you could have anything, what would you have?
Health? Money? Fame? Beauty? Joy? Friends? Love?

I would hate to have to pick just one. Of course I want
all of the above. And the answer would be different on
each day. Most of the days I would answer money.
The rest of the days, I think I would pick health.

With just those two things, most things seem possible, and
I surmise that I would be pretty happy...

Joy would also be interesting. I've felt excitement,
but I'm not quite sure about joy. It is a word, it must
exist, but I'm not sure I can define anything I've felt
as joy.

But actually I don't want to pick. I think each day of the
week I would like to have the next thing on the list. What
I mostly want is a huge variety of experiences. To try out
all of what it means to be human.

I really think there might be a test at the end....

No comments: