Monday, August 27, 2007

Dizzy Grown Ups

Yech. I woke up with that vertigo thing again today. I still have
no idea why. It wasn't as bad as Thursday, so I went to work
anyways. I could drive, and work, as long as I didn't make any
sudden movements of my head. I felt pretty awful, though.

I think if I'm going to have Vertigo, I should also have Lumbago.
It would be fun to tell people you had Vertigo and Lumbago.
Two of the cooler names for medical problems. They sound kind
of jaunty. Though the actual problems aren't as fun as their
names.

I met a woman at the party last night who looked and acted
pretty old. I didn't feel like I had much in common with her.
She was he mother of one of my friends who was hosting the party.
It turns out she is the same age as me. It made me really think
about how people age differently.

And made me glad I could go home and play video games and goof
off. Being a responsible person isn't overrated.
Being a "grown-up" is.

No comments: