Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Eh, What was that?!

I was so tired an stiff last night, I took a big dose of Magnesium
(good for stiffness and diabetic stuff) and went to bed early.
In the middle of the night when I turned over I noticed I was
a little dizzy. When I woke up, I couldn't even sit up from the
vertigo. Needless to say I didn't go into work today, and I didn't
manage to get out of bed until 5 pm, and I'm still not right.

That is the third time in a year this has happened to me. I was
sure the last two times were due to a new allergy drug, it happened
both times I took it. This time? The only thing I did differently
was the Magnesium. I looked it up, and it doesn't have that side
effect, and it is nearly impossible to overdose on, your body
eliminates any excess.

Cay's theory is since I've been feeling so bad, it pulled out a
lot of toxins into my system as it was flushing them out. He thinks
this because it actually worked, all the stiffness and pain is gone.
I guess I'd rather look at it that way, rather than that something
is wrong with me. I can only go on the last two experiences. I was
always better by the next day.

Now I'm wondering if I should take more of it, or not? Diabetics
are very low in magnesium and are supposed to take supplements.
I did take the maximum dose of a powder form, so maybe I'll try
a much lower dose on the weekend.

Heck of a way to get a day off from work. But since I couldn't
get up, I finished the Garth Nix book "Lady Friday". Now I have
to wait until he writes the last 2 books in the series, I've
rather enjoyed them.

No comments: