Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Future Nostalgia

Feeling a little nostalgic today. I'm on LinkedIn (sort of a
"My Space" for professionals), and people from old jobs are
gradually hooking up. Brings back a lot of old memories.
I've worked with a lot of amazing people over the years.
But it also makes me feel old....

I generally think "young" because I always look ahead, never
back. I don't regret my past, because there is always
something ahead, I am running towards. What's done is done.
I've always liked futurism, Science Fiction, and all
the latest tech gadgets. I virtually never think about the
past, and it is weird to be remembering all these people.

When I get really old, I won't be one of those people who
just dwell in their pasts. I'll be down at the Apple store
getting the very hottest computer or phone.

I don't understand people who live in their memories. The
future just keeps getting cooler. I like it there. I'm so
happy I lived long enough to have the Internet. I've been
on some form of the Net, since 1985. It is everything I
hoped for, reading science fiction as a kid.

One of my regrets is that I'll never get to go into space.
When I was in college, I thought I might. That by the time
I was this age, there would be tourism to the moon.

I guess I'll catch that one, next time around.

No comments: