Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Day 2 in the East

Day 2 of the business trip went fine. I got up at 6 am, because
I collapsed at 9 pm last night. I tried out the Jacuzzi bathtub,
and had breakfast at the hotel. Work was good, because I learned
so much, and my head is quite stuffed. I had lunch with a co-worker
and he showed me some new routes to food and my hotel. It gave
me confidence to venture further away from the office and not
get hopelessly lost.

I didn't want dinner again in the hotel, so I found the mall,
and had a lovely meal at the Cheesecake Factory. I've never
eaten there, and found the food to be quite amazingly good!
Pricey, but quite worth it. (Especially when you are having
a hard time feeding yourself on a trip.)

I sat on the patio and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. The servers
and bus girls stopped by to chat when they found I was a
business traveller from Minneapolis (and comment on my accent).
It was very fun and friendly, and I didn't mind eating alone at
all. They took very good care of me. I topped it off with an
exquisite Mojito drink - the best I've ever had. Thanks, my friend
Dave, for introducing those to me, several years ago. Mmmmmmmm.

Back to the hotel, and after playing on the Web to relax, I found
the fitness center at the hotel. I only did bike and treadmill
for 20 minutes, and I was done. Still feeling the effects of
long travel.

So I think I'll watch some videos on my laptop until I'm tired.
That is all the adventure I want for today.

2 comments:

Big Phil said...

Did you try a piece of cheesecake?

Susan Grandys said...

I did, but since I'm diabetic, they
had a special low carbohydrate cheesecake that I got (instead of the really good ones). It was the best low carb cheesecake I've ever had, but well, it was still low carb cheesecake!