Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 4 out east - troubled times

Today was actually quite good until now. I had a wonderful
day at work, got to know a lot more people, and was feeling
pretty good when I got back to the hotel.

After a quick dinner, I started packing up, as I have to check
out in the morning. Only to discover My Nintendo DS game system,
with all of its games and spare battery which I had left on the
desk was gone.

I searched the room 3 times, I just didn't want to admit that
someone stole it. It was such a nice room and a nice place,
I didn't want to believe it. I finally reported it to the
hotel. I feel kind of shaky. I know it happens, it just hasn't
ever happened to me while traveling.

I'm mad because that is what I was going to use to keep busy
while waiting for my plane, and on the 3 hour trip home.
I hate being bored, and now I don't know what I'll do.
To say nothing of the $250 I'm out.

This turned out to be a very expensive business trip - I had
to buy clothes, and now this. I didn't choose to come on this
trip, it was required of me by work. I wonder if I'd feel better
if it was a vacation of my choosing?

No comments: