Saturday, September 08, 2007

Mentally Prepared

I'm resigned to going on this trip. I've printed the maps,
figured out how (sort of) to get from the Philadelphia airport
up to the Valley Forge area (not easy, lots of confusing merges
onto different freeways) and how to get from work to the hotel.

I actually bought some new shirts today for the trip. I tend
not to buy clothes often enough, and all my attire is looking
a little worn. I spend all my money these days on technology,
and fixing the house. I forget about fixing up me, most of the
time.

I'm also diligently doing the vertigo exercises (aptly named
because doing them causes some amazing spinning room experiences
the first few iterations) in the hopes that I can get the
vertigo under control before the trip. I think their main
purpose is to get your brain used to being dizzy.

You have to get this other therapy from the doctor to reposition
the calcium chips that have wandered into the wrong place in your
ear. I don't think I'll have time to get the treatment before
the trip, so I'd better just learn to cope with it. I see the
doctor on Tuesday to see if we will proceed with that.

So all that is left is admitting I have to get up at 3:30 am on
the 17th to catch my 5:25 am plane. I detest getting up early,
but that is just crazy early. Maybe I can convince myself that
it isn't real - that time of the morning is a pretty nebulous,
non-existent time.

No comments: