Monday, September 17, 2007

Misplaced in Time and Space

I made it to Philadelphia. Getting up at 3:30 am was weird but
driving to the airport at 4 am is a dream. There is absolutely
no one out there. The airport was fairly empty too. I could really
get to like a late night schedule. The city doesn't feel crowded
at all.

The plane trip seemed really short. The whole plane slept for the
1st hour of the trip. It was a small Embrarer 175 jet. I like small
planes except they are a lot bouncier than the bigger planes.

We landed and it was a daze of getting my luggage, catching the
shuttle bus to the car rental, getting the car (I got a Ford Escape -
really comfortable), and negotiating the strange freeways for
about 45 minutes to the office.

The day blazed by getting to meet everyone and getting down to
doing work. By 5 pm I was getting fried, and drove off to find
my hotel. I realized I hadn't eaten anything but a protein bar
since 3:30 in the morning. I staggered into the hotel sports
bar and finally had some food (and a beer).

My room is a surprise. It is an "exectutive room". I didn't know
I was an executive. I was worried about being uncomfortable as
I always am in hotels, because the beds are too hard, and you cant
get a good soak in the tubs. I have a king sized Select Comfort
"Sleep by Number" bed, and a huge Jacuzzi tub! The room is huge!

I'm too fried to do much else. I'm going to bed early tonight!

No comments: