Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Colds and Cold

I'm finally feeling a little better. The cold is almost gone, after
the obligatory 2 weeks. My colds are always 2 weeks long. Don't
other people get over them in a week?

Work is sucking up my life again. Too much to do, and I have to
get up extra early the next 3 days for training and an important
meeting. Makes me crabby, I hate getting up early. However both
things involve people on the east coast, so they don't think it
is so early.

It was 5 degrees out when I got up this morning. I pulled out
all the heavy winter coats, gloves, hats, and sweaters for the
first time this season. It is hard to admit that winter is here
already. Especially since there is no snow on the ground, it
just doesn't look like winter.

However I can feel the chill coming right through the walls in
my house. I keep finding storm windows we forgot to close, and
we sealed up one window that was letting in much cold air. I think
we're as closed up as possible, and it is still frigid. Too bad
I like old houses so much, they just aren't very warm! The same
goes for Minnesota.

No comments: