Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sick and tired in another place

So now I'm sick, and slightly drunk, and sitting in a hotel room
in North Carolina. My sore throat got much worse during the night
and kept me awake most of the night.

It was off to the customer for a full day of meetings from 8:30
to 6 pm. A very, very long day. Our darling SE stopped and got
me some cold medicine and sore throat lozenges. It helped me
survive the day. However it is 75 degrees and the fall colors
were quite beautiful.

Then we went to dinner with the customer, and I had much wine to
make me forget I was sick. It didn't make me forget, but I didn't
care as much.

Now I'm sobering up, and have to do more work tonight. And then
up again at 6:30 for another day of meetings until our plane
leaves at 4 pm. I wasn't able to check in for some reason, so
here's hoping I actually have 2 planes waiting for me tomorrow.
We are connecting through Missouri on the way back. I must have
been in Missouri before, but I don't remember it.

Back to work!

No comments: