Friday, December 07, 2007

Frozen Solitude

The guys went off to a party for the T.V. show they work on.
I wasn't going to go out there!

I am huddled under a blanket on the couch, next to the wood
stove, unable to get warm. I wonder if working too hard
throws off your temperature control? Granted, it is only
4 degrees out, but I'm a Minnesotan. I should scoff at such
a trivial temperature! Instead, I can't wait to go to bed
under my electric blanket. Wuss!

I made it to the weekend with stunned relief. Work is too
much, I'm glad to not be there, struggling to figure out how
to get it all done. My life is reduced to 5 days of frantic
racing, followed by 2 days where I come to a complete stop.
And repeat.

When you are in the thick of it, you just keep going as fast
as you can. When you're out of it, when the brain cools down,
(mine has permanent speed stripes) the thoughts start creeping
in - "Why the heck am I doing this? Is this a good life? Is
this what I wanted out of it?"

As long as I'm in this industry, this job is as good as any
I've had. But man what an industry. The money is sweet, but
oh, at what a price, physically and mentally. Bah! I'm just
being crabby. I think I have to go on another business trip,
but I'm so blasted tired.

No comments: