Tuesday, December 11, 2007

MRI's suck, but not as much as some things...

I have been MRI'ed. I remember now why I hate them so much.
I forgot they involve getting an IV with contrast dye put in
your veins. I am a wonder child for people who need to give
IV's. They can't find my veins. Anywhere. They don't know
why I am alive.

They failed in my hand, after leaving a nice bruise, and
started on my arm and finally succeeded. Then they find the
most uncomfortable position possible and tell you NOT TO
MOVE AT ANY COST, OR THEY'LL HAVE TO START OVER. Then the
loud, annoying machine starts and it goes on for 45 minutes.
All the while as your body is cramping up, you are chanting
to your self "don't move, don't move, don't move, or this
won't end!"

The nurse made a mistake on one panel and had to run it again -
another 8 minutes without moving. Then she put the pressure
bandage on my arm so tight that my arm turned kinda purple
and bruised all over. So they kept me even longer to make
sure I was all right. At last it is over, I'm home, and
I'm going to go eat some comfort food.

No comments: