Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Now, where did I put that year?

2008. Should I feel something?

I'm having a hard time remembering what I did with 2007.
There was the trip to Japan, and....? A lot of work,
a lot of colds, a couple of business trips, and it was over.

After 1/2 century, the passage of time seems unremarkable,
except for a slight dread, that it will be over too soon.

I've always had a lot of goals for the New Year. Things I
wanted to do, achievements to be had, something to look forward
to, like a big trip or vacation. Or a vague hope for peace
and prosperity in the world. (I kind of miss idealism ....)

This year, there is nothing fun planned. Nothing to mark the
passage of time. No big goals or dreams. I really have to fix
that for next New Years. Ugh. Not a good way to live.

This year, my hope is survival. I will work hard to be as
healthy as I can, and make it to next New Years.
It gets pretty simple after a while.

No comments: