Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring, My A**

Yesterday was the first day of spring. It snowed. Quite a bit.
I could almost see the entire yard, before it started, and now
it is all white again. It feels like a setback to spring. I
was really getting in the swing of warmer weather. Bleah.

My tax refund came yesterday, so today it was off for the wild
refrigerator hunt. My old one wont stay closed anymore and the
shelves are all broken - so I wanted a really nice, new one.
Refrigerators cost more than twice as much as the last one
I bought, and it is only about 12 years old!

I had one picked out to go buy (french doors, bottom freezer)
and did some research on the web. It got really horrible ratings,
it fell apart and stopped working after a year for a lot of people.
This was a $1500 refrigerator!!!

So, I visited 2 stores, came back and did a lot more research, and
found that a lot of people liked the Amana, so it was off to Sears,
who were having a 10% off appliance sale. We finally landed one, and
it will be here on Thursday! It is hard to get really excited about
a refrigerator, but it will make life a little easier for the 3 of
us. I guess that is something.

1 comment:

Myra said...

I have an Amana refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom that's about 12 years old. Still looks great and works as good as the day I got it! Enjoy your new one!