Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hungry and tired, but pleased

I'm so hungry! It is another 900 calorie day. Some of those are
pretty rough. Tomorrow is 1200 calories. I want to go to bed,
just so I can wake up and eat breakfast! Is it working? I really
don't know. I've lost about 6 pounds, but it is the same weight
I keep losing over and over, because something happens (surgery,
winter, plain old hunger) and I put it right back on.

In other news, work is going spectacularly well. They really like
me! I guess if one can't be independently wealthy (my first choice),
this isn't bad. They have done extremely well by me this year,
and shown their appreciation in a myriad of means - way, way
beyond what I would have expected.

I really am going to bed. I'm very short on sleep - I keep staying
up too late, and then the trucks and tractors come rolling in
at 6:30 a.m. every morning for the huge road construction project
on the street out front. They are still putting in gas pipes, and
starting to run the temporary water pipes, before they remove the
whole road bed. This will probably go on all summer. I think they
should do it more quietly. Or at least not start until a more
civilized hour. Like 9 am or so...

No comments: