Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dashing to the Grave

Whew! Life continues racing by. I'm running as fast as I can,
to do my daily life. Lots of work, took a new hire to the Mall
of America for dinner, some longer days at work, trying to edit
the show, do the daily tasks, and get enough sleep.

There doesn't seem to be enough time. I wonder what enough is?
If I had twice as much time in a day, would I just pack more in?
I would like to have a few more hours each day, just to do
something relaxing and entertaining. You know, "for fun", instead
of "have to do".

I guess I know there won't ever be time to stop and smell the
roses. It makes me a little sad. I'll just race until I die,
and I can't think of a different way to do it.

I wonder how other people solve this problem? I keep cutting
more time wasters out of my life, but it doesn't seem to help.
I haven't watched T.V. in 5 years, I try not to surf the web
too much, I keep errands to a minimum, and yet... there still is
no time. Weird.

3 comments:

Big Phil said...

I'm trying to spend less time on the web, and more time reading.
BTW, I listened to my interview on your Uncomfortable Questions podcast. It feels like we did this such a long time ago.
As my father would have said, "A lot of water has passed under the bridge" since that interview.
I'm in such a better place mentally, physically and spiritually.

Susan Grandys said...

Phil!
You know I never listened to my own interview on Uncomfortable Questions.
I was pretty depressed at the time, and I still don't have the courage to listen to it.

I also have come a long way since then. Maybe we will have to repeat those interviews to see where we have gone!

I'm very happy to hear you are a lot better. You were in some rough territory back then.

Big Phil said...

Not a bad idea for a future show....kind of a "where is the mind now" follow-up.