Sunday, July 06, 2008

Holy Cow, that was fun!

I'm finally home from 4 days of partying at the science fiction
convention. Dear me, that was an awfully good time. The convention
is huge, over 3000 people, but it was amazingly well run. I was
very impressed. The room parties were startling elaborate. Some
of those hotel rooms were converted into Willy Wonka Chocolate
Factories, Pirate Ships, and Federation Starships with transporters.

The love and energy the fans put into this convention was beyond
anything I've seen before. It was like returning home, except
someone rebuilt the house in a huge and elaborate manner.

Completely unexpectedly, I connected up with some old friends that
I haven't seen for years. Some of them I haven't seen for 12 to 16
years! One was an old roommate of mine, and we instantly rebonded.
It was just like the old days where we always stayed up half the
night talking. We kept holding hands and realizing how much we
missed each other. Cool! We'll be seeing a lot more of each other.

Overall the weekend was a wonderful time. However, I can't believe
I have to go back to work tomorrow. The time blazed by in a flash.
(And I'm hardly rested - there were some pretty late nights!)

No comments: