Monday, October 13, 2008

Blissful time off!

I took this week off from work, 1st vacation in a year and a half,
since I went to Japan.

After the insane amount of work this summer, and recovering from
the surgery, this is the first time I've sat down to think about
things.

I've been struggling with ending my Uncomfortable Questions show
for awhile, and finally took the plunge. I've done it for 3 years,
and it was a great ride. But I can't afford the 10 to 15 hours it
take to produce each show, and still have any time to do some things
I need to be doing.

I also am not going to nag myself to write in this blog everyday.
I've felt guilty for not posting much lately. But, you know, I
didn't have anything to say! (Other than "too-much-work-ugh!").

I feel like I'm changing again, positioning to start a new phase
in my life. Some of the old stuff has to move out of the way.

I keep talking about getting serious about my health, but always
do the minimum needed to get by. I need to really work out, not
just in 2 week bursts like I tend to do. I am feeling better from
the first steps taken with the new hormone doctor, but I think
a lot more needs to be done. I'm now feeling well enough to realize
how crappy I really feel!

Now that I have some time off, I've been going out and doing things
every day - and that has been wonderful. Time to experience more
things. Time to enjoy life more. Time to get stronger so I can
take those vacations, I always talk about. I really hope this
is just a new beginning and repositioning of my life.

1 comment:

Big Phil said...

I hate to see you end the podcast, but I understand why you made the decision.
I've considered "canceling" my podcast but I couldn't do that to my adoring public, lol.