Thursday, March 26, 2009

To change or not to change...

Everyday is so much the same. Fight my weight, work too much,
get stressed out, try to get some sleep. Over and over. I've
probably even written this same thing in my blog.

How to break out? How to change? I always mean to, with all my
heart..... and nothing changes.

Humans are so weird - we crave change, and yet spend all our
effort making routines and tradition. We are comforted by the
same and the known. Change may be exciting, but it often is
quite uncomfortable!

I feel like I am running out of time to make the changes.
That it will be just like this for another 20 years, or until
I die. And that makes me uncomfortable too. Great, so I'm
uncomfortable if I don't change, but change is uncomfortable.
A dilemma for a comfort hound....

I really do like comfort - not to be hungry, cold, stressed,
to have a nice bed, and nice things. I suppose a good portion
of my life has been in the pursuit of comfort.

And yet, somehow that in itself is not enough.

No comments: