Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Life is not a trial run."

I saw that quote on a twitter message a couple of days ago:
"Life is not a trial run".

It has been haunting my mind since. I realize that I've been
living my life as if it were a trial run. There have been
times in my life where I was 100% engaged, or passionate about
things, (usually due to out of control hormones :) )

But the rest of the time I'm indifferent to it, I'm just
passing time until something better comes along.
I realize what a waste of a life this is, and I really
should have done a lot better with it.

I'm sad that I only realize this when I'm old.
Even now, I don't know how much I can change the way I
approach life. I just wish I could connect to it better than
I have. Really commit and go gung ho on everything I try.
Hmmmmm. They say it is never too late. I wonder.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

A better approach is "Life is a fine wine" - You dont have to be actively drinking and gulping all the time - the best part is relaxing and letting the flavours wash over you - And this can only be enjoyed if you are prepared to sit back and take moments of reflection