Sunday, July 05, 2009

WOW, I mean WOW!

I am home from the local 4 day SF convention. David took care of
our pets and house so we could get a room at the hotel, and
immerse ourselves in the con - and boy did we!

So many wonderful memories - the Steampunk fashion show, the live
performance by the Mustache Rangers where I laughed so hard my
face hurt, the immensely entertaining panels with the MST3K
cast, sitting in the bar drinking tall beers with wonderful music
pouring out of the cabaret and a ceaseless parade of people in
colorful costumes, the huge amount of free glow sticks that fans
adorned themselves with in amazingly creative concoctions and shone
under the black lights at raves that went all night. The costumes,
the new friends the old friends, the high energy fans that partied,
and partied and partied.

It was intense, colorful 3 ring circus - not for the weak! I think
I'll have to go into serious training for the next one, just to
survive the grueling pace. It is a shock to be home, in the quiet.
I'm missing my 3800 new-found geek friends!

1 comment:

Val said...

Great list of memories, Ssuss. Downright Po-etical, in fact. I'm glad you had the good sense to stay healthy and have a terrific time. Not like some people.....