Saturday, August 08, 2009

Stunned Saturdays

My weeks are getting too much the same. Monday through Friday are
a frantic pace at work, trying to somehow pack in everything that
needs to be done. Then when Saturday comes, it is a stunned
moment where I don't HAVE to do anything. (And I usually don't -
I haven't much energy left). By Sunday I recover a little, and
try to pack in all the house or errand stuff that should be done.
And then it is Monday again.

I dream about doing nothing but what I want to do.
I used to think it would be boring, but I'm not so sure anymore.
A guy at work died this week (he was younger than me) so I've
been thinking a lot about how little time we all have on this
planet, and how little may be left of my life.

I want to enjoy it, and not let it blaze by in an exhausted fog.
But it is amazingly hard to change one's approach to life and
what you do on a day to day basis. I have been asking myself when
I am doing things, "Do I really need to be doing this? Do I
want to be doing this?" Maybe just being more aware will help.

No comments: